Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

So I scribbled this poem

So I scribbled a poem
on a napkin in the coffee shop
Inserted your name in my diary writings gathering dust
You smiled and your number was mine

I do not remember your name,
there were five girls last week at the coffee shop, they all had hope
They satisfied my groupie lust
They remembered my every line

So I wrote a story
Inserted their names
Each with a romantic sentence
All five have my love

But you were erased from my memory
Though you hung on to the fame of you name in fine print
All the tossed notes we shared in class burnt in my winter furnace
But you still have my love when I see you

So I scribbled a poem
Asked your sister for a date
Oh boy I love my fate
She returned my call after a week, my old class mate

So I took them both
Never thought twice
Thought about the girl sitting next to them
Thought of touching the hem of her breast

So I spoke a line
Read in Rossetti's poem
Ended with mentioning I scribble words
Mentioning how nice it was to see a woman with soul

She said she did not want an orgasmic relationship
All she wanted was a platonic one
Checkmate I met my match
How am I to snatch her?

So I scribbled a poem
One as solemn as a woman in harem
My tears made the pages stick
How could my ego grow so thick?

P.S I mourned for my ego nothing less
So I scribbled this poem

No comments:

Post a Comment