Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I Guess Lions Tore Us Apart

Is it reasoned I drew the wrath of Eros
That we had to part?
I, this way, and ye, that?
Permit me to reminisce;
Standing in your presence was when i I joked-
That only could I keep a commitment-
with my love for pens bleeding black 'stead the red that livens your heart.
Looking into your eyes, those big brown eyes;
There you sat.
The ones that rose me up happy or sad. Gently.
Those same eyes;
That told me that if ever I wished, I would even fly;
Today I looked into them and they cared less;
Of all the jokes we ever did tell-
They cared less;
Of times we made love and your emotions did swell.
Those brown eyes so distant,
So cold, so cross,
I dared not push on,
I dared not to fight for what couldn't be won;
Ne'er to be complete as I dare not anger Anteros.

No comments:

Post a Comment